Senior Systems Engineer
Multi-certified senior systems engineer with strong hands-on skills managing system and network infrastructures while providing enterprise level support across several industries and environment platforms.
Successful track record with organization development and system/network optimization. Skilled problem solver in managing systems in a broad spectrum of IT environments and industries.
Single point of contact in helping clients and colleagues resolve complex technical issues remotely and onsite. Possess superior communication, customer service and analytical skills with strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
Platforms: Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Linux Ubuntu, Windows OS, Mac OS
Hardware: Lenovo, Dell EMC, HP Enterprise, Synology, Arista, Untangle, WatchGuard, Cisco, Ubiquiti
Backup: MSP360, SolarWinds, Barracuda, StorageCraft
RMM: ConnectWise, NinjaRMM, SolarWinds
Software: Microsoft 365, Google Workspace
Security: Webroot, Bitdefender, Sophos, ESET
CRM: ConnectWise, Autotask, ServiceNow
Skills and Expertise
- Server virtualization and deployment
- System deployment and configuration
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Technical documentation
- Network and wireless deployment
- Project management
Certifications and Education
- Microsoft 365 Certified Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- CompTIA A+ IT Technician
- IT Professional / Computer Networking SpecialistLambton College - Sarnia, ON
Senior Systems Engineer
CasCom - Yellowknife, NT
2019-10 - Present
Provide onsite and remote support to enterprise managed service clients designing, deploying and maintaining their system and network infrastructure.
- Implement on-premise imaging server to reduce downtime during company-wide upgrades
- Deploy Point-to-MultiPoint wireless bridge infrastructure to extend local network coverage
- Migrate physical and virtual servers in mixed environment platform to new hosts
- Complete on-premise and hosted Exchange server migrations to other cloud email services
- Create company policies, procedures and guidelines for the operations tech division
Total E Works - Collingwood, ON
2018-11 - 2019-10
2015-09 - 2017-01
Provide onsite and remote support to SMB managed service clients to a wide range of industries both public and private organizations.
- Increase security and performance of systems by deploying cloud based anti-virus and critical system updates
- Streamline workstation deployments by implementing cloning and backup policies and procedures
Senior Systems Analyst
Uniserve Communications - Waterloo, ON
2018-01 - 2018-10
Provide remote and onsite tier 2 technical support to enterprise SMB managed service clients in various industries.
- Plan and migrate on-premise Exchange servers to hosted cloud platforms
- Install new servers and SANs in accordance with operation and project requirements
- Perform internal system and network audits to propose recommendations
RGP Computers - Barrie, ON
2017-10 - 2018-01
Provision and configure remote monitoring platform including service desk workflow. Provide tier 2 technical support to SMB managed service clients.
- Configure and deploy RMM platform to monitor and automate system and service productivity
- Integrate CRM service desk workflow rules to simplify ticket tracking and receive client feedback
Artifex Studios - Vancouver, BC
2017-01 - 2017-07
Provide complete hands on management and development of system and network infrastructure for a mid-sized visual effects film studio.
- Implement comprehensive vulnerability scanner to probe and report device security threats
- Optimize operation critical systems for maximum availability and redundancy
- Implement on-premise project ticket management system for all staff
- Increase team productivity by automating repetitive tasks using remote command and batch scripts
Leadwave Technologies - Sarnia, ON
2011-02 - 2014-12
Assigned as the first help desk analyst role in the company. Promoted to tier 2 system administrator wearing several hats including mentoring and on-boarding junior technicians.
- Reduce end-user incident rate significantly by using methodical troubleshooting and root problem analysis
- Implement Site-to-Site virtual networks for multiple industries saving large capital budget on IT infrastructure
- Achieve monthly client satisfaction rating of 4.5+/5 stars while ensuring SLAs are upheld
- Create a library of technical documentation for client site troubleshooting
Technical Support Agent
Geek Squad - Sarnia, ON
2005-09 - 2008-03
Provide technology consulting to provide valuable suggestions on hardware and software solutions for customers including tier 1 remote technical support requiring software services across North America.
- Maintain a strong clientele base by providing outstanding service and support
- Achieve high satisfaction score rating of 8+/10 on a monthly basis
- Reduce escalation cases by resolving customer complains to meet their satisfaction